How to Show Appreciation for your Employees and Team
As we find ourselves in the midst of the holiday season, showing appreciation for your employees is not only a nice thing to do, but will reap benefits for your company. Your employees are the center of your business; not only do they help make the wheels turn on a daily basis but they also help drive growth. Showing them appreciation is essential to retaining your top talent. Here are just a few tips and ideas you can utilize to show your employees and team how much you value their contributions.
- Use technology. Has an employee recently won an award or achieved a personal goal? Recognize them by utilizing your social media outlets. It is an easy way to share their accomplishments.
- Say thank you. Simply taking the time to say “thank you” or giving someone a hand written note of appreciation is a thoughtful and respected gesture. Your employees put in a significant effort on a daily basis, and often times, saying that simple phrase can make a big impact.
- Offer flexible work options. Listen to the needs of your employees and find out what works best for them. You may find that many employees feel that they are more productive working from home than in an office. Additionally, be open to the idea of giving your employees flexible schedules such as coming in or going home an hour later/earlier. Helping your employees reach that work-life balance is important, and will be reflected in their work.
- Create a positive and enjoyable work environment. Is your workplace an enjoyable place to be? Show your employees your appreciation by celebrating birthdays and other company goals. Have a team lunch every once in a while, and give your employees the chance to relax and catch up with one another.
- Show appreciation. Lastly, not only during the holiday season, but all year round, take the time to show your thanks through small gifts or a company celebration.
Employee appreciation is important to retaining your valued employees and keeping the morale up in your office. Simple acts such as those listed above are perfect ways to show your thanks. Give it a shot – you will be sure to see your actions reflected in the production and work efforts of your employees!