September is National Awareness Month
Did you know that September is National Awareness Month? We know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month but what are the things of which we should be aware in September? According to Healthline, there are more things than I even knew! Here are a few causes that you and your business can get behind.
- National Atrial Fibrillation Awareness Month – Atrial fibrillation, or AF, is the most common type of arrhythmia. An arrhythmia is a problem with the rate or rhythm of the heartbeat. During an arrhythmia, the heart can beat too fast, too slow, or with an irregular rhythm.
- National Food Safety Education Month – The Center for Disease Control and Prevention promotes September as National Food Safety Education Month and offers plenty of resources and information related to food borne illness and food safety.
- Fruit and Veggies-More Matters Month – focused on helping Americans increase fruit and vegetable consumption for better health.
- Healthy Aging Month – Healthy Aging® Month is an annual observance month designed to focus national attention on the positive aspects of growing older.
- Blood Cancer Awareness Month (promoted by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society) – Lymphoma Research Foundation has been a leader in raising public awareness about lymphoma and Blood Cancer Awareness Month, not only during the month of September but throughout the year.
- National Cholesterol Education Month – Learn what steps you can take to prevent high cholesterol or to reduce your LDL “bad” cholesterol level.
- National Sickle Cell Month – First officially recognized by the federal government in 1983, National Sickle Cell Awareness Month calls attention to sickle cell disease (SCD), a genetic disease that researchers estimate affects between 90,000 and 100,000 Americans.
- National Yoga Awareness Month – National Yoga Month and META-Health University are leading the way to inspire millions of people around the world to live a healthier lifestyle.
Take time in September to support a cause.