Making the Most of Social Media
Social media has become an integral part of our personal and business lives. It provides an easy gateway to stay in touch with friends, co-workers, and customers. Without much effort, social media can occupy an enormous amount of your time. Therefore, it is important to select the social media platforms that will provide you with the best impact. Whether you focus on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Pinterest, begin by analyzing your social media strategy and goals. What do you want to accomplish? Without a plan in place, you could end up wasting valuable time and effort. Below are a few tips on how to make the most of your social media experience.
- Establish your target audience – In order to build a strong social media network, first establish your audience and tailor your marketing pitch accordingly. Once you have a defined target audience, you can then begin developing your contact base and reaching out to specific people. If Facebook is your social media platform of choice, you can search through people and company pages and Friend or like those with titles in which you are interested.
- What is your reason for using it? After you have established your target audience, determine what the primary goal is. Are you recruiting new employees? Are you looking to network with people within your industry? Are you marketing a new product? Once you have these questions answered, you can further tailor your strategic plan.
- Schedule ahead of time – Like any news site, the more active you are the better. Consider utilizing a message management tool such as HootSuite to help simplify the way you publish updates and schedule campaign messages. Maintaining an active presence is important. Commit to providing fresh, relevant information on a regular basis; the keywords being “relevant” and “regular.” Provide timely, insightful, interesting posts and responses.
- Put a face to the name – Social media is about building relationships and trust. As you gain new friends and followers, take the time to look up details about them, such as where they work, their job title, and other interests. Social media is all about being social, so getting to know those who follow you will help in various ways. If you later meet the person face to face, you will already have a common ground with them to start your conversation.
- Share photos and videos – Lastly, adding multimedia to your page will give it flair and will offer customers an inside look at your company. Multimedia has a tendency to be much more appealing and is a quick and effective way to help build brand awareness in a unique way.
An effective social media strategy will not only create buzz about your company, but will also help in maintaining and generating business. The more time you invest in it, the better the results.
This week’s blog was written by Caroline Ryder. Caroline is a Marketing Analyst with C2G Resourcing, a subsidiary of Consultants 2 Go, LLC.