Five Essential Apps for Your Small Business
Tablets are rapidly changing the way we do business and are putting a new spin on our work habits. While they may not be completely replacing the use of a laptop, tablets are certainly revolutionizing the business world and how we connect with one another. The benefits of tablets in the workplace include: portability, aesthetically appealing, ability to access business documents stored in the “cloud”, and eliminate paper-based processes. Tablets allow users the freedom and flexibility to move, to meet, and to be prepared and ready to work on short notice. If you are new to the ‘tablet world,’ below are five essential apps that will help you out along the way.
1. Salesforce – Salesforce is an online, web-based, CRM application that allows users to manage and view customer records, update deals and information in real-time, view dashboards and other mission-critical records quickly from wherever you are. Not only is it great for looking up account activity but you can also quickly create or assign tasks during or after important meetings or calls and not have to wait until you are back at your desk.
2. WebEx – WebEx is a powerful application that allows you to save time and money. It allows you to collaborate with customers or colleagues across town, across the country or around the world. Through the WebEx app you can deliver and share presentations, conduct online training, participate in conference calls and meetings, and at the same time, improve productivity and reduce costs.
3. SlideShark – Giving a PowerPoint presentation? The SlideShark app lets you play, view, and share PowerPoint presentations with animations, fonts, colors, and graphics completely intact. While many apps do not transfer files over exactly how you would like, SlideShark gives you the opportunity to share a presentation exactly as it would look on your laptop.
4. Dropbox – Dropbox is a cloud-storage service that lets you access and sync files across all your devices. Rather than having a file take space on your tablet or laptop, having it emailed to you, or carrying around a thumb drive; upload the file to your Dropbox account. Then when you need to view a document while on the road, the Dropbox app allows you to download the files only when you need them, instead of storing the files on your tablet.
5. Sign-n-Send – Have you ever received a document that requires your signature while on the go? Sign-n-Send allows you to sign any PDF and Microsoft Office document and send it back via email. You do not need to worry about printing it and scanning the document to send back, but rather you can take care of it all in one easy step.
There are hundreds of different apps to pick from, all of which can be beneficial to your business. These are just a few that may help you grow your business, be more productive, and run an effective virtual office.
This week’s blog was written by Caroline Ryder. Caroline is a Marketing Analyst with C2G Resourcing, a subsidiary of Consultants 2 Go, LLC.