Driving Better Results Using Email Marketing
One of the most popular business tools utilized today is email marketing. Email marketing is very similar to direct mail marketing; however, instead of print, it is done through the use of an email message. Email marketing is convenient, cost effective, and can be viewed on any mobile device your clients, customers, and vendors utilize. With the growth of the internet as a marketing tool, email marketing is an excellent way for businesses to use the power of cyberspace to quickly get out their message. Whether you use an email marketing platform such as Constant Contact or you deploy your campaigns via your own personal email, below are a few tips to help you make your email marketing as effective as it can be.
1. Mobile Readers. With the emergence of tablets and smartphones as a primary tool in the business world, it is important to consider how your emails are viewed. Determine whether you are optimizing a mobile users experience and if any changes need to be made. Always remember that your email may show up one way on a computer, but look completely different on a phone or tablet.
2. Test your emails. Once you have acquired email subscribers, take the opportunity to test how your email is seen. This includes delivery timing, automation, personalized elements of the email, and different designs and layouts. Determining the time of day when your emails are most likely to be read as well as creating a captivating email are key to establishing readership.
3. Clear call to action. Each email you send should have a primary goal and call to action. Highlight the most important part of your email that you want readers to focus on and make sure it is at the forefront of your emails.
4. Change it up. Does your company send a monthly or quarterly newsletter? Make sure your emails are fresh and that your messages vary. If you feature relevant current event articles in your blasts, change up the industry and topic in every newsletter. This will not only help maintain viewers, but will also help your emails stay current and relevant.
5. Track and analyze. Once you have successfully deployed an email marketing campaign, take a look at the metrics to determine the effectiveness of the campaign. Some key elements that you want to observe are the open rates, click-throughs, and bounces. This will give you an idea of how many people you are reaching and you can adjust as necessary.
Effective email marketing can be key in the success of your business. It helps you establish a networking base and is a great way to stay in touch with clients and consumers. It is important to stand out from the other emails that are flooding your customer’s inbox. Having fresh and creative content is sure to help keep you top of mind among your peers.
This week’s blog was written by Caroline Ryder. Caroline is a Marketing Analyst with C2G Resourcing, a subsidiary of Consultants 2 Go, LLC.